Glacier Boats of Alaska LLC
Build your own Great Alaskan 25-28 ft offshore skiff! DIY plans - printed or downloadable!
|Study Plans: 25'-28' Great Alaskan (downloadable) $5.00:|
| Download Plans: 25'-28' Great Alaskan (downloadable)
| Printed Plans: 25'-28' Great Alaskan (USA shipping included)
|Printed Plans: 25'-28' Great Alaskan (International shipping included) $205.00:|
| Before you buy ...
Read about our plans and what you get
Click for more information: Kits for the Great Alaskan
(Click for larger images - more pictures and a video of a 47 mph Great Alaskan coming soon - check back!)
Glacier Boats of Alaska is proud to announce do-it-yourself (DIY) build plans for the Great Alaskan series of boats ...25-1/2 to 28-1/2 feet LOA, efficient, seaworthy, roomy, yet still trailerable without a special permit. They are all based upon the same hull, but have different cuddies, pilot houses, and arrangements (Prince Rupert - upper left, Newport - upper right, Rockport - lower left, Prince Rupert / Newport arrangements lower right.) Basic specifications below...
Plans for the 26' Great Alaskan series of boats are now available so that you too can build your own hand-crafted boat, no special craftsmanship skills or tools required.
We receive a lot of requests for current status, builds, completed photos and the like ...Well, the first Great Alaskan has now successfully launched and several others will launch soon. The best way to keep track of them is to visit our builders forums (see link above) and check the Projects board. If you would like to contact one of the builders, please make the request through us and we will contact the builder for you to find if they are willing to share their contact information. Otherwise, the builders forums are probably the best place for you to ask questions and to discuss ideas etc.
- LOA 25-1/2 to 28-1/2 feet
- Bmax: 8'5" (at amidships sheer deck)
- GMt: 48" to 52" (Depends upon loading)
- Maximum hull depth: 62" (5 feet 2 inches)
- Deadrise aft: 13.1 degrees
- Side flare: 15 to 17 degrees (maximum at amidships)
- Basic hull weight: 2200# to 2700# (Depending upon house/cuddy and arrangements)
- Normal displacement range: 3300# to 6000#, 3800# typical
- Recommended power: Sterndrive or outboard, maximum 1050# or 750# respectively (approximately 150 hp to 200 hp, 160 to 175 hp ideal)
- Recommended propulsion: Single or twin outboards or sterndrive
- Most efficient speed: 22 kts (25 mph)
- Maximum speed: 38 kts (44 mph)
- Fuel tankage: 120 US gallons (typical)
- Expected fuel efficiency: 522 nautical miles per 120 gallons of fuel
- Roomy cuddy, room for stand-up head, galley, storage, and dining area (see study plans)
- Available in 3 models (1 primary hull design, 3 cuddy / pilot house combinations available, instructions for 25' through 28-1/2 feet LOA)
Other services that we provide:
- Contracted boat building
- Repair / retrofit / modification of existing wood or wood/fiberglass boats and similar
- Marine CAD and drafting services
- All services subject to time available and / or available shop space
Feel free to contact me, Brian Dixon, the designer via our contact page with any questions you have, technical support, web site difficulties, etcetera. Thank you!
Did you purchase plans? Login here!
- New Kit Supplier - in Alaska!. We have a new maker of kits for the Great Alaskan ...and it's in Alaska! See Kachemak Skiffs at the bottom of this page for more info!
- All manuals and drawings have been updated as of 01-03-2014. All known errors that were previously in the Errata have been incorporate. The sterndrive option has now been added to the drawing set as well.
- When you register at our web site, your account defaults to being blocked. If you have purchased plans or study plans, then I will activate your account and the appropriate download link(s) as soon as I notice your new account. If you have purchased plans or study plans and your account is still blocked ...please contact us so we can remedy the situation. New accounts defaulting to 'blocked' is because we receive perhaps 6 or more false (robot) registrations per day. We do purge blocked accounts every once in awhile too.
- More boat plans as time allows. The next set of plans will likely be for a driftboat, and it's variations, then likely either small lake boats and/or flat bottomed jet-outboard river boats.
Scan for contact information